From Dan, Lead Pastor
We believe now more than ever in cell life and are placing much of our time and energy there. Our team believes this is an important time to move deeper into the cell life wing. It has always been a priority, but more is needed.
- Cell life is the place where transformation happens - where our hearts change as they come into contact with the word of God, the Holy Spirit, and other followers of Jesus.
- That dynamic is where we live out the "one anothers" (love, care, encourage, admonish, etc.) of the Bible with our brothers and sisters.
We invest much (communication, time, staffing, finances) into our Sunday morning collective time. And we love that time together. But we want to invest in the area (cell wing) we feel is VITAL to our discipleship.
Here’s some of what has come and is coming in our cell wing:
- The cell life wing is more likely to thrive if the lead pastor has skin in the game. We saw this in the early journey of our church. We think it’s still true today. And so I’m investing there.
- The cell life wing is more likely to thrive if the elder team has skin in the game. We have pivoted - our elder team has become cell coaches, shepherding our cell leaders and groups at LCC. This change takes time, but we are off to a good start.
- The cell life wing is more likely to thrive if our staff has skin in the game. Our staff are all involved in the cell wing personally. We are looking to pivot our roles and invest deeper in groups. This is a bigger change because most of our staff is engaged in the collective Sunday morning wing. We have functioned that way for a long time. Our staff times are now becoming more centered around our transformation and how we can grow group life.
God has given us this time to re-center on who He has called us to be. And we’re really excited about it. And we’re learning each day because He is always doing new things. “New things” means we don’t have the answers all the time; but He does. And so we come along for the journey of risk and faith.
I hope you are excited as I am to see where He’s going to take us.
Help Me Find a Group
Fill out this very short form and we'll start the process of connecting you with a group.
List of Groups Meeting Online and In Person
Below is a list of small groups meeting virtually and in person throughout the week. Contact group leaders to jump into group life together.
In person - location rotates
Meets during service and after
In-person - backyards, location TBD
Chris Barney and Johnnie Eagle
In-person - outdoors if not raining. Children sometimes come too, rotates in Hilliard
Chris - 614-345-8135
In-person, outdoors if possible - North side of town, sometimes Hilliard
7:00 p.m. (sometimes earlier)
Virtual - Zoom
In-person - Hilliard
In-person - Hilliard, but currently rotates between Grove City and UA in outdoor spaces.
Tony and Kayla Giovarelli
In-person (Young adults group) at the church
In-person, outside when possible - NW Columbus/Hilliard
In person - Hilliard
In person and Virtual (Zoom) - rotates in Hilliard, Dublin and Marysville