This Week's Announcements
This Week's Worship Resource
WORSHIP RESOURCES FROM OUR WORSHIP TEAM
Each week, members from our worship team provide ways to experience worship at home and in groups. We explore different ways to worship together.
This week: Thankfulness
This Week's Group Notes
November 22, 2020
Title of message: Colossians 3
Speaker: Dan Burmeister
What are some communities that you are involved in (people groups centered around hobbies, interests, etc.)?
Set the Tone:
In the first half of this series, we focused on the person and work of Christ. In Chapter 3, the focus turns to our position in Christ. Today we will consider how we might experience transformation in our new position in the resurrected Christ.
Reflect on the Word/Life:
Read Colossians 3:1-4
- What does that passage say about our identity in Christ?
- How might this enable us to maintain focus on "things above," rather than earthly things?
- What distractions are we facing daily?
- What are some ways that we can protect and shape our mind, increasing our ability to think on things above?
Read Colossians 3:5-17
- Dan shared that the word "Therefore" marks a change in our position. What's different?
- Which of these are hard to put to death?
- How might "exposing" these deeds (Eph. 5:11) help?
- How can we help others realize and live out their position in Christ?
- What enables us to succeed in all of this?
- Based on what we have learned today, what is something that you personally would like to see transformed in your life?
- Dan asks us how we are living out of our position with Jesus: Are you seeing evidence of that in what you are putting off and putting on?
- How are you being transformed to be like Jesus?
- How is our group known for "putting on" these qualities? How might the group support you?
- Who are some people that you are doing life with and how are they shaping you? How? Where/What are they pointing you to?
- What are some advantages of having a group like this?
- Now that it has all been laid out to you, will you trust His process? How?