Date of Message: 12-8-19
Title of message: Adventum Wrap-Up
Speaker: Dan Burmeister
Putting up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving or after: discuss.
Set The Tone:
We'd like to use this group time to reflect on the past 90-day Adventum journey. We want to use this time to process what God revealed to us during this time.
Reflect on the Word/Life:
- Did you find that you felt comfortable developing more intimate relationships with your Adventum group members, or did you struggle to share learning experiences with others?
- Did you choose a specific person or group to whom you wanted to present Christ? If so, what was your experience?
- Through the SHAPE test, did you discover a gift or gifts which you could allow God to use for His glory and purposes?
- When you joined a group and volunteered, did you discover an area you would like to continue to serve in?
- Dan mentioned the Israelites coming out of the Egyptian 'rhythm' to live in freedom; what part of living in the world's 'rhythm' is difficult to give up, that you kind of enjoy?
- Galatians 5:1 says, "For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm, therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery."
- Are there times when we allow our "Egypt" to lead our lives, instead of God?
- Think about the freedom Americans enjoy in contrast to persecuted Christians in other countries, who may have to give up their home, church, belongings, family, and even their lives.
--Could some of us be more imprisoned (self-focused) than they are?
--Could it be more difficult for us to believe in the miracle power of the Holy Spirit than for them?
--Could feeling peace in our hearts be more difficult for us than for them?
--Could they sit in a prison cell and feel more free to share the gospel than we do?
--Could losing everything make someone feel more free to share what they have with the community?
- Matthew 28:17 says, after Jesus' resurrection, "When they saw Him they worshiped Him, but some doubted." Could it be possible to 'see' Jesus, to believe in Him, to attend church regularly, to read the Bible regularly and live by it, and still "doubt"--still maintain a distance from Him?
- As we focus on thinking about the Great Commission, which area is the most challenging area for you?
-- readying our hearts
-- living in community
-- building His body
- What do you think about differently after hearing Dan’s message?
- What did you feel convicted about and want to get better at?
- What questions did the message stir up in you?