Update, July 10
We are adding the option to meet at our building for Sunday morning services beginning Sunday, July 19, in addition to streaming the service to watch at home or with your cell group. Sunday mornings are an important part of our two-winged model as a church (Acts 2, 4). It’s the place where our groups gather collectively for worship, teaching, and encouragement. Having said that, as we move towards it, our desire is to keep group life front and center as the place where we live out Koinonia (the dynamic that happens when we gather together in Him and dispense grace and truth to each other). That’s where our heart is and needs to be. This season has only reinforced that.
Here’s some initial and general info as we look to additionally meet at the building Sunday mornings:
1. The Sunday morning experience at the building will look different than it did before.
Initially, we will not have our Kids' Life program (newborn through 6th grade), worship will be different (band performance, but no congregational singing), the service will be shorter and our entering and exiting procedures will be new. We’ll adjust and expand our Sunday morning experience as God leads us and based on information from the State of Ohio/CDC.
2. Our goal is to diminish the risk.
Though we are exempt from state and federal mandates, we’ll comply with them so far as they are reasonable. Here are a few things we'll be doing to help diminish risk:
- Face masks are required while in the building (see details from the State of Ohio).
- Shorter services (45 minutes initially).
- Worship band performance, but no corporate singing.
- Limited occupancy to 100 people.
- Limited auditorium seating and spacing parties so that they are 6 feet from each other.
- Pre-registering for the service at the building ahead of time. This will help us plan for seating and pass on future health info to those attending a particular Sunday.
- Encouraging people who are exhibiting any signs of sickness to enjoy the livestream at home.
- We will have items on hand (sanitizer, masks, etc.) for those who forget.
- Socially distanced and prompt entering and exiting. Outside is a great place to catch up with each other after service!
- Following recommendations for cleaning and sanitizing the building before, during, and after our meetings.
3. We will continue to offer the service online.
Beginning July 5, we will begin live-streaming the service from the auditorium on Sundays (services have previously been pre-recorded). And by the way, we completely understand if you are uncomfortable or not able to return in person on July 19. Join us from home, watch with your group or others. Each of us must listen to the Holy Spirit and make the best decision regarding our physical, emotional, and mental well-being. We are one body. We are for each other. We have GRACE with one another.
In all this, we may have to pivot. So let’s move forward ready to change as God leads us. We ask for your prayers and grace. And we encourage you to pursue community and give thanks for the gift that we have now in the small.
Sign up for Sunday Service on the Weekly Resources card.